Partnering with clients to create a safe environment where people and projects succeed.
Merjent safety consultants and project safety managers provide solutions in safety, risk management, and industrial hygiene, and partner with clients to create a safe workplace and project. We are positioned to provide Safety Consulting Services to clients in oil and gas, electric power generation and transmission, wind and solar energy, biofuels, mining, land development, construction, manufacturing, healthcare, hospitality, and engineering consulting firms.
SAFETY CONSULTING SERVICES INCLUDE:
Project Safety Support
Providing safety professional staffing for short or long duration projects in the construction, mining, oil and gas, and refining industries. Typically utilized by customers for turnaround / shutdown, new construction, high risk, and contract or owner required projects. We hire professionals with experience working in industry that can relate to workers at all levels.
In addition to field experience, credentials for a Project Safety Professional typically include:
- OSHA 510, 511, or MSHA 24-Hour
- OSHA 500, 501, or MSHA Instructor
- Board of Certified Safety Professionals CHST, OHST, CIH, or CSP Certification
- Associates, Bachelors, or Master’s Degree
Typical responsibilities of a Project Safety Professional include:
- New hire orientation on site
- Extensive visibility in the field
- Perform safety audits
- Conduct daily toolbox / tailgate meetings
- Execute hazard assessments and site / task specific training such as confined space, respiratory protection, lockout tagout, etc.
- Coordination of pre-job, random, reasonable suspicion, and post incident drug testing
- Track and calculate safety statistics for project KPI’s and OSHA log data
- Act as a safety liaison between field professionals and site managers
- Coach field professionals
Our consultants speak from experience, with passion for the profession and people.
- Written program review and development including state specific programs like Minnesota’s AWAIR.
- Key Performance Indicators (KPI), leading and lagging metrics evaluation
- Site and facility audits
- Incident investigation
- Facilitation and coordination of safety teams
- Safety coordination for shutdown and turnaround projects
- Preparation for OSHA Inspections, on-call for OSHA Inspection, and citation management and response
- Assist with third party prequalification (i.e.: Avetta, ISNetworld)
Safety Training and Education
Merjent consultants are subject matter experts that can adapt their approach to your audience. Customized topics can be presented based on your organization’s needs, let’s build something together!
- OSHA Outreach Training for Construction (OSHA 10 and 30 Hour)
- OSHA Outreach Training for General Industry (OSHA 10 and 30)
- Confined Space
- Fall Protection
- Hazard Communication
- Hearing conservation in construction or oil and gas
- Lead in construction
- Heat stress in general industry or construction
- OSHA respirator regulations 29 CFR 1910.134
- OSHA silica regulations for construction or general industry
- Overview of the OSHA silica competent person requirements for construction
- Overview of the OSHA permit required confined space regulations
- Welding hazards in construction or general industry
- OSHA personal protective equipment regulation – selection and care of general PPE (i.e. hard hats, hearing protection devices, safety glasses. gloves, safety shoes)
- OSHA Hazard Communication regulation
- OSHA Bloodborne pathogen regulation
- Safety leadership for supervisors and executives
- Instructional design for online training
- Recorded webcast and live webinars
- Assist with MSHA Part 46 New Miner Training and Annual Refresher; HAZWOPER
- CPR, First Aid, AED
Let us assist you in managing your risk to stay competitive in your industry.
- Risk assessment
- Hazard analysis
- Safety Committee development and steering
- ISO 45001 and ANSI Z10
- OSHA Voluntary Protection Program (VPP)
- Minnesota OSHA CHASE, STAR, SHARP, and other state-plan VPPs
- Minnesota OSHA Safety Grant application
- Risk control consulting to supplement insurance carrier and broker teams
Our professionals are here to help your workers stay healthy at work.
- Sampling, monitoring, and assessment of health hazards including:
- Air contaminants
- Dust: respirable crystalline silica, combustible dust, total respirable dust
Ensure your organization is ready for what could lie ahead.
- Emergency Action Plan review
- Department of Transportation Hazardous Material and Site Security plans
- U.S. Coast Guard/U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Facility Response Action Plans
- EPA Spill Prevention, Control, Countermeasure Plans (SPCC)
- Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA) Emergency Response Plan Action Plans
- Community and industry preparedness coordination
- Assist with Nurse Case Triage and onsite First Aid services
Process Safety Management
We evaluate your program to identify gaps in implementation and make recommendations to improve effectiveness.
- U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Chemical Facility Registration
- Process Safety Management (PSM) program development
- PSM gap analysis
- Risk Management Plan (RMP) development
- PSM and RMP mock audits
- Process Hazard Analysis (PHA)
STAFF CERTIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION
- Associate in Risk Management (ARM)
- Certified Hazardous Materials Manager (CHMM)
- Construction Health and Safety Technician (CHST)
- Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH)
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP)
- Master of Environmental Health and Safety (MEHS)
- Master of Industrial Safety (MIS)
- Master of Science (MS)
BOARD ASSOCIATIONS AND AFFILIATIONS