safety consulting services
We will work with you to improve compliance, lower risk, and help you provide your staff with a safe and health working environment. Take your program from “compliance is good enough” to “best in class.”
SAFETY CONSULTING SERVICES
Merjent safety consultants offer a wide range of Safety Consulting Services to clients in oil and gas, electric power generation and transmission, wind and solar energy, biofuels, mining, land development, and engineering consulting firms. Our wide range of safety services include:
Your safety management systems (SMS) is the safety backbone of your organization.
safety management systems
- program development and review
- performance metrics evaluation
- perception surveys and gap analysis
- facilitated small group culture assessment
- risk management evaluation
- corporate responsibility
Leveraging the power of technology can make the job of compliance a lot easier.
- performance measurement with dashboard tools
- electronic inspection tools, data collection, and analysis
- custom or off-the-shelf e-learning training and tracking
- webcast roundtable forums and discussion groups
Build greater confidence in responding to emergencies – how prepared are you?
- emergency action plan review
- tabletop and functional exercise development and management
- Department of Transportation/site security plans
- review of in-house and contracted response resources
- U.S. Coast Guard (USCG)/Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Facility Response Action Plans
- EPA Spill Prevention, Control, Countermeasure Plans (SPCC)
- Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA) Emergency Response Plan Action Plans
- Community and industry preparedness coordination
We evaluate your program to identify gaps in implementation and make recommendations to improve effectiveness.
process safety management
- Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Chemical Facility Registration
- process safety management (PSM) program development
PSM gap analysis
- risk management plan (RMP) development
- PSM and RMP mock audits
An independent review, along with recommendations, can identify deficiencies before they become trouble.
- citation assistance, including informal OSHA conference representation
- safety grant application assistance (Minnesota only)
- DHS Chemical Facility Registration
- process safety management & risk management plans
- program, policy, and procedure review
- incident review and root cause analysis
- safety & PSM/RMP audits
- on-site compliance support (part-full time)
Effective training programs are impactful, engage the learner, and provide opportunities to apply knowledge in useful and relevant ways.
training and education
- safety leadership
- OSHA 10/30 hour Outreach (Construction and General Industry)
- PSM & RMP compliance training
- first aid, Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR), and automated external defibrillator (AED)
- Hazardous Waste Operations & Emergency Response (HAZWOPER)
- customized on-site training
- OSHA general industry topics: hot work, Lockout/Tagout (LO/TO), etc.
- on-line training, including custom lessen development
- webcast/webinar training and seminars
- safety grant preparation