geographic information systems (GIS) technology
Geographic Information Systems (GIS) implementation and data management are integral to the execution of complex projects in the energy industry. Merjent’s team employs the latest in GIS and Global Positioning Systems (GPS) technologies to meet client needs. Our services include spatial analysis; web mapping; cartographic products; and field data collection, reporting, and management.
Technological solutions for complex environmental decision-making
The GIS team analyzes complex geospatial datasets to support project decision-making processes. Merjent integrates reputable public datasets, field survey data, and private client information to create defensible analyses for project reporting purposes. Our work helps reduce impacts on the environment and neighboring communities. We utilize ESRI’s ArcGIS suite of software products to provide a variety of spatial analysis services.
Spatial Analysis Services:
- corridor evaluation/analysis
- project and facility siting
- impact and constraint analysis
- data tabulation and summary
- Light Detection & Ranging (LiDAR) interpretation and classification
- feasibility studies
- alternatives evaluation
- qualitative & quantitative raster and vector analysis
- customized data analysis tools
- permit application support
WEB MAPPING SERVICES
Merjent’s GIS Specialists provide web mapping capabilities that will greatly improve coordination among multifaceted project teams. Merjent’s user-friendly mapping platforms will improve project coordination and analysis.
Web Services Include:
- environmental inspection reporting
- user friendly analysis of public and internal data products
- real-time updates of field data and project features
- feature creation and editing
- customizable user interface
- tracking through relational databases
- integrated tools for analysis
CARTOGRAPHIC PRODUCTS AND DATA MANAGEMENT
Merjent provides the traditional mapping services that clients are accustomed to. We quickly and efficiently compile maps and datasets that meet client/agency requirements and expectations.
General Mapping Services Include:
- Computer Aided Drafting (CAD) Integration
- cartographic layout design
- in-house large-format production
- Enterprise geodatabase creation and management
- typical construction illustrations
- plan and profile cross-sections
FIELD DATA COLLECTION, MANAGEMENT, AND REPORTING
We have developed advanced, user-friendly database systems that continually deliver data to project staff for review through web-based secure portals or simple desktop applications. The GIS team utilizes GPS technology in the field to provide high quality and accurate data products for applicant submittals. The team integrates this with office resources to create a seamless transition of field data into useable products for engineers, project managers, and permitting staff alike.
Field Services Include:
We assist clients across the U.S.
View our staff project experience map: